CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to My World!

Friday, January 14, 2011

Happy 20th Anniversary to ME!

Officially, my 20th Anniversary at my company was January 9th.  I started working there in October of 1977.  I left in August, 1982 to go to a new job in Omaha, Nebraska, where I stayed until January of 1991, when I moved back here.  I was fortunate enough that my old company took me back... with open arms. 

Well, today, my unit threw a surprise anniversary party for me.  And it was awesome.  I have no idea how many people were actually there, but I think there was close to 150 who came and went over the course of 3 hours.  They had an awesome cake, punch, nuts and mints along with balloons and old pictures!  Yes... old pictures, gotta have those, don't ya!

Prior to the party, an email was sent out to a bunch of attorneys that I work with and apparently cards came pouring in.  And Christy put together an awesome book which contained all of those cards.  They were wonderful and I'm going to have to read them all again later tonight.  I also got a TON of cards from well-wishers.  And Kim gave a "Lucy" statute that has special meaning between us!

I even had someone write me a song and sing it to me... yes, he did... right in the middle of a crowd of people!  It was hilarious and odd all at the same time. 

Oh, and my sister and her daughter and grandaughter came up for the special day.  It was so great seeing so many people I don't get to see very frequently.  Our company has just gotten so big that it makes it difficult to keep in touch and spending a couple of hours just talking and laughing together was awesome!

Made some awesome memories today!

1 comment:

  1. What an awesome surprise and a great way to spend a Friday. Congratulations!!!

    Vickie M.

    ReplyDelete