CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to My World!

Friday, March 4, 2011

Operation Write Home - Tomorrow!

As I was packing up stuff for tomorrow, I decided to take a break and update my blog.  Kind of scary how my mind works, isn't it... How DID I get from packing up stuff for OWH to sitting down at the computer and updating my BLOG!!!  Like I said... kind of SCARY!

Anyway, as I was packing everything, I realized I get more efficient each time.  Which is awesome!  Packing less, means hauling less and unpacking less later!  I also learned that a ton of time could be saved if the card bases in the kits were pre-stamped (the backs)!  That way, all we have to do when they are done is tuck them in envelopes and sort them!  I'm very excited to see how that is going to go!

I ran into a guy in the hall at work today, who I've been meaning to talk to about OWH.  I was telling him what we are doing and he thought it was awesome.  You see, he served time in Iraq and he understands what it was like to actually BE there.  He also understands how important it is to keep in touch with loved ones back home. I asked him if he would be willing to come and talk to our group sometime.  He was more than happy to do so!  He would have been there tomorrow, but it was a little short notice and he already had plans with his dad.  I am just so thrilled he will join us and I think he will be such an inspiration to everyone.  Thanks, John Elet!

No comments:

Post a Comment