CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to My World!

Sunday, July 24, 2011

Sundays are the Best!

Well, I got home last night around 5 and I was in bed and asleep by 9.  What a week.

Thursday night, I finally finished the DVD for Dave's funeral.  It fought me all the way, but it turned out so well.  And the family loved it. 

Got up Friday morning and headed to Miami to Aunt Gracie's funeral.  We have a family lunch at 12:30 and as usual, I so enjoyed spending time with family.  What an awesome bunch!  The funeral was at 3 and it was wonderful.  There were some tears, but there were many more smiles and laughs.  It was truly a celebration of life.  By 4 or so, Stacy and Brenden and I were headed to KC.  They took me back to my car in Joplin and we met in Nevada for dinner.  Then Brenden hopped in the car with me and talked all the way home.  Love that kid.  I didn't sleep well at all, but was up at 6:30.

David and Stacy left shortly after that and I got the kids fed, cleaned up and ready to go to Dave's funeral.  We needed to be there by 10, which we were.  Miss Trella was just an angel.  Her mom told her she wanted her to act like she was 10... and she sure did.  The visitation was from 10 to 12 and the funeral from 12 to 1.  It was a wonderful service... very, very sad, but beautiful.  Jim Bob and Sue as well as Jami and Mike sat with me.  Shelly ran the video of the speakers and did a great job.  Then, around 1:30, after the flag ceremony and taps, everyone broke up and we headed to Applebee's for lunch and then home.

I was so glad to be home. 

I'm tired today, but absolutely nothing is on my plate, so I am doing nothing today...which I really need!

No comments:

Post a Comment