CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Welcome to My World!

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

The Carroll Girls are Reunited

So, little did I know, but as I was posting last night, my sweet Aunt Gracie was on her way to be with her sisters in their heavenly home. She was 106 years old!  And lived an amazing life!  But the reunion that was going on last night way even more amazing!  
This is a picture that was taken over 20 years ago.  These girls were something else.  From left to right... Gracie (Gracie Mae)... the oldest was the last to depart this world.  Ethel (Shote)... matriarch of the Wichita bunch.  Beulah (Piddler)... the aunt from California.  Goldie...the quiet one.  Trella (Curly)... my mom, and the most special one to me.

Those nicknames were pinned on them by their dad many many years ago.  I know Aunt Goldie had one, too, but I just can't remember it this morning!  Actually, I hope I have the others right!

 She was so ready and went very peacefully and didn't wait for no one!  Love you Aunt Gracie, please give my mom and hug and tell her Hi and that I love her.

No comments:

Post a Comment